Legislative season is in session and there several bills are being considered that, if passed, would positively impact mobility and safety on Maui. Please consider submitting testimony on the following:
Requires the Department of Transportation to increase funding, pursue grants, and work on projects focusing on safe, low-user- cost pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure. Appropriates moneys for two grant writing positions.
Submit testimony on SB3274: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=SB&billnumber=3274&year=2022
Lowers the threshold blood alcohol content for the offense of operating a vehicle while under the influence of an intoxicant. Submit testimony on SB2096: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=SB&billnumber=2096&year=2022
Establishes the Electric Bicycle and Electric Moped Rebate Program and special fund to encourage the purchase and use of electric bicycles and electric mopeds. Allocates a portion of the barrel tax for the rebate program. Effective 1/1/2050.
Submit testimony on SB3158: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billnumber=3158&billtype=SB&year=2022
How to submit testimony
How to submit testimony:
- Make sure you have an account at capitol.hawaii.gov
- Sign in and enter the bill number that corresponds to the item you want to submit testimony for (see above)
- Click the blue “Submit Testimony” button and complete the form
A few things to keep in mind:
- Written testimony submitted by the 24-hour deadline will be posted online prior to the convening of the public hearing.
- Written testimony received after the 24-hour deadline will be posted to the Capitol website within 24 hours after the hearing has adjourned and may be marked as “late”.