Upcoming Events – 2023
- Feb 27, 2023: West Maui Community Corridor – Keawe Street Walking Tour
- Feb 28, 2023: West Maui Community Corridor – Community Meeting
- March 2, 2023: West Maui Community Corridor – Pioneer Mill Walking Tour
- March 3, 2023: West Maui Community Corridor – Keawe Street Walking Tour
- March 3, 2023: West Maui Community Corridor – Project Team Office Hours
- March 11, 2023: West Maui Ride – 31 miles
- March 14, 2023: Ride Leader Training (Part 1) – email email@example.com to sign up
- March 18, 2023: Ride Leader Training (Part 2) – email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
- April 15, 2023: Central Maui Ride – 30 miles
- May 20, 2023: Maui Ride of Silence – 13.2 miles or 34 miles
Maui Cycle Exploration Q & A
Who should attend the rides?
Most of our rides are geared toward intermediate to advanced cyclists, who ride an average of 12-14 mph. Some events may offer a beginner pace ride option averaging 9-12 mph. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to discuss which option may be best for you! Rides will ALWAYS be led by trained leaders and no participant will be left behind. Maui visitors and residents are both welcome.
Do I need to RSVP? Yes! To ensure cyclists are safe and non-disruptive to the flow of traffic, rides are capped at 30 people. Due to COVID-19, current capacity is limited to 20. Please make your reservation via “Book Now”.
Is there a cost to participate? As a volunteer-led non-profit organization, MBL strives to support a local cycling community. We ask participants to either become an annual member of MBL, or provide a small donation to go towards our advocacy and outreach efforts. Become a member here.
What should I bring? All MBL requires all riders to wear a helmet and bring your own bike or rent one from a local bike shop prior to the event. Other recommended items include: sunscreen, water, snacks, money for lunch stop or food item for post-ride potluck (when scheduled). Headphones and earbuds are prohibited. Due to COVID-19, all participants must now bring face coverings to wear before and after the ride.
How can I get involved with Maui Cycle Exploration or future projects? Email us at Maui@hbl.org! As an entirely volunteer-led organization, we constantly are looking for ride leaders and other volunteers who are interested in helping us carry out our mission.
Where can I rent gear? Several local bike shops are available across the island! Please call ahead to arrange your rentals and bike delivery in advance. Find a bike shop rental.
Q&A: Where does my donation go? Your donation will help the Maui Bicycling League, a volunteer-led 501(c)3 non-profit organization, educate hundreds of residents and visitors through “Share the Road” and other safety campaigns, host signature events including group rides, and develop and support programs such as Maui Cycle Exploration. We depend on funding to continue and increase our ability to advocate for cycling and pedestrian infrastructure improvements all over the island. Learn more at MauiBike.org.